Please see below important updates from FlightSiteAgent’s finance department regarding the processing of payments and refunds. These processes have been put in place to ensure that we are SARS compliant and applies to all registered FlightSiteAgents.
Requesting EFT Payments from FlightSiteAgent to an Agent:
- We require the latest copy of banking details no older than 3 months and it has to have a bank stamp. It can be either a BANK STATEMENTS or a LETTER FROM THE BANK.
- The document needs to reflect the actual owner’s name or the agent account name eg.: Tracey or Tracey Travel.
Requesting EFT Payments from FlightSiteAgent to a Supplier:
- No proforma or provisional invoice will be accepted for payment.
- It has to be a TAX invoice.
- If the supplier cannot send a Tax invoice they will need to advise on mail. The agent will need to forward the mail upon request for EFT payment.
To ensure that we can affect payment as soon as possible, all invoices should be:
- In PDF format.
- Contain the words “TAX invoice” or “VAT invoice”.
- Contain your company name, address, contact information and VAT registration number.
- Contain our company name, address, contact information and VAT registration number.
- Contain a clear description of what you are charging for.
- Contain the date the services were provided (date of supply).
- Contain a serial number (unique identification number) and the date of the invoice.
- Contian the value of the supply, the amount of tax charged and the consideration of the supply.
- If only a deposit is to be paid, the actual amount must be stipulated in the invoice.
Requesting FlightSiteAgent to Make an International Payment:
In addition to the above requirements for payments to be made, the following also applies when requesting an international payment:
- Provide the supplier banking details on a bank letter head.
- We require a TAX invoice from the supplier.
- The TAX invoice must be addressed to Flightsite.
- The payment cut-off time is 10:30 AM. Invoices submitted after this time will only be processed on the following working day.
- Payment will only be processed once the account has been checked and been determined to be in order. This won’t always be completed on the same working day.
Tickets credit noted only become payable to us on the 15th or 31st (or last day of the month) of each month, with a minimum two-week waiting period applicable. It also takes longer than usual for airlines to create credit notes for tickets as they are still dealing with increased refund applications due to the coronavirus.
Credit Notes Passed During the First 2 Weeks of the Month:
BSP tickets credit noted in weeks 1 to 2 (01-15th of Month) are “payable” to us on the 31st of month (or last day of the month).
Credit Notes Passed During the Last 2 Weeks of the Month:
All tickets credit noted in weeks 3-4 (16th – 31st) are payable to us on the 15th of the new month, so those payments are only made on the 15th of the following month.